Philobiblon: Appearing on 'Life Matters'

Monday, April 17, 2006

Appearing on 'Life Matters'

Australian readers might have been surprised this morning to hear something sounding familiar on their radios - I did a long interview (which covered a lot of ground about the Carnival of Feminists and other blogging topics) on Radio National's Life Matters.

You can find the podcast, or listen through your computer, here.

I am not sure that I will listen to it - experience suggests that I will think on every second sentence "Could have said that better", and of all the things I should have said but didn't!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't sound like I thought you would! Good interview!

4/17/2006 02:21:00 pm  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Oh dear. Now you've got me worried :-) Perhaps I should listen to it.

4/17/2006 02:48:00 pm  
Blogger clanger said...

The shock may be the shock of the Aussie accent-I guess everyone reads website posts in their own accent.

The .mp3 is a long download, so if you have dial-up, you might need a packed lunch.

Renaissance woman Natalie runs from 25mins to 38mins.

If the file crashes, persevere. Try clicking 'Next Track'. It kills Irfan View, but Realtek AvRack managed it with a few hiccups.

Radio interviews are murderously difficult to do-this is a good 'un.

Argh, you mentioned Bridget Jones... *spit*

Clanger was a reader of 'The Independent' from issue 1, but when BJ's diary reared its banal air-head, it was clearly the beginning of the end. Soon after I went newspaper-free.

Quite like big pants though.

4/17/2006 04:38:00 pm  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Thanks Clanger, you are very kind. But to set the record straight, I didn't mention Bridget Jones, the interviewer did!

4/17/2006 06:12:00 pm  
Blogger Helen said...

Trackback

4/18/2006 09:55:00 pm  
Blogger Lina said...

I listened too, very good!

4/20/2006 01:06:00 am  
Blogger Susoz said...

I just listened to it from the LM website. I was also surprised to hear how strong your Australian accent was, though possibly from a different pov than clanger's! Well done!

4/20/2006 02:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home