Philobiblon: Friday Femmes Fatales No 39

Friday, January 06, 2006

Friday Femmes Fatales No 39

Ten new (to me) female bloggers, ten top posts, on my way to 400. It answers the question: where are all the female bloggers?

First, a cry from the heart. 2MahoganySoul tells of visiting a friend in jail. "I was cool all the way until I got off the elevator and entered the room for visitation. It was so GHETTO." Taste a little of the reality behind the criminal "justice" statistics in the US.

Then, something for Australians to worry about on Angry Penguin, subtitled "a journalist ruminates" there's the news that the new Packer family head is a Scientologist. Evil Mommy, meanwhile, sums up the current state of George Bush's conscience, or at least what it should be.

Continuing this quick spin around the world, Elvira on Blogcritics finds Yeats speaks to the state of the world today, particularly in Israel, while on She Says, "Never Just an Ordinary Girl" wrestles with the realities of English grammar on the sub-continent.

On Adventures in Ethics and Science, Dr Free-Ride discusses the problem of cheating in university exams "What I find most offensive about cheating in my courses is that it is an attempt to appear as if one cares about the material that reveals the absence of actual effort to learn the material," she says.

On the semi-personal side - and a great idea to copy if you're stuck for a posting topic - on A Box for of Letters, a list of things you'd rather not see.

Diana Crabtree finds there's one thing you can't forget, even in a clothing-optional bar.

Then finally, if Christmas really got you down this year, Julie on No Fancy Name has the perfect festive season strategy - spending it with someone else's family. Works for me! Or better still, read this Christmas nativity tale by Keli on Webwabbiting. (Not for easily offended Christians or those without a sense of humour.)

****

You can find the last edition of Femmes Fatales here.

****
Nominations (including self-nominations) for Femmes Fatales are also hugely welcome - I'll probably get to you eventually anyway, but why not hurry along the process?

5 Comments:

Blogger Ragnell said...

Have you seen this one yet? I followed a comment to her, and so far she seems to have had an impressive first week.

Also, I have more than ten (possibly close to twenty) comic book commenting females to link to if you don't mind that subset.

1/07/2006 06:11:00 am  
Blogger JM said...

Hey, thanks for the link!

1/07/2006 04:21:00 pm  
Blogger Badaunt said...

And here's another which I don't think I've seen you mention yet (and who should be on your blogroll!): Ophelia Benson on Butterflies and Wheels notes and comments. She's wonderful, and right up your alley, I should think.

1/07/2006 05:35:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! I see I'm in good company... :D

1/10/2006 02:48:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://nehasri.blogspot.com/2006/01/where-have-all-little-girls-gone.html

I liked this one quite a bit.

1/10/2006 09:56:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home