Philobiblon: Request for help ...

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Request for help ...

... from my techie readers, on several points.

After I've put up a blockquote, although I've cancelled it, the subsequent text in posts is still showing with the single line spacing. Is there a fix?

Is the site displaying OK in IE? My Explorer seems to be doing odd things at present, but Firefox is fine. If it is odd, any idea why?

Trying to get text to sit out from pictures and Amazon adverts, I'm putting hspace=10 in, but it seems to sometimes work and sometimes not.

As ever, all help very gratefully received!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In IE it seems to be showing text extra large... and trying to make it smaller or larger doesn't change anything. Is that the problem you're having? Um, couldn't tell you why. that's a new one on me.

The blockquote bug I remember from blogger last year. The fix I found was to put in a P tag at the start of the next paragraph.

According to some of the sites I just looked it up in, hspace is deprecated and doesn't work in all browsers. But it might be that you need to specify the units you're using (eg 10px or 10em).

12/03/2005 08:15:00 pm  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Thanks Sharon! Don't know about the font size issue - is anyone else having it? - but the P tag is solving the quote problem anyway.

12/04/2005 11:08:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home