Philobiblon: Friday Femmes Fatales No 34

Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday Femmes Fatales No 34

Ten new (to me) female bloggers, ten top posts, on my way to 400. It answers the question: where are all the female bloggers?

For all of us northern hemisphere bloggers, winter is definitely here, but few can have captured it as beautifully as Meanwhile Here in France. (Likely to be slow-loading on dial-up.) "An Aussie lass" in Paris is meanwhile contemplating her first European winter and hoping for snow. (Know the feeling; I still get a thrill.)

Helen, a harpist, is meanwhile entrenched in deepest North Norfolk, but has found some some historic reading material. Not sure about a half bottle of champagne being enough for a romantic evening ...

The on the wonderfully named Boob Pencil: Random Wibble from a Textually Loquacious Word Freak, Clare has formula for overcoming writer's block. Might come in handy some time.

I can't imagine how I've missed this blog for so long, but (Another) 52 Books started out posting one review a week for a year, and is now continuing. This week she has a book about a naked elf - and it's apparently not bad. (Going to have to read it just for novelty value!)

For more traditional reading, The Daily Blog with Kelley Bell is finding feminist messages in fairy tales.

Sundries: a Sweatshop of Moxie is musing on the different traditions of laundry, and serving your family.

Then serving up some not-so-humble pie, Christine C on PopPolitics is reporting on how it offers an insight into character. (Go up this blog a little and you'll also find her outline of next year's Women, Action and Media Conference (in the US).

On the harsher realities of life, Kriti, a widow living in Crete, writes about painting her husband's tomb. Secret Agent Josephine is enduring jury duty, while eight months' pregnant - and posting some lovely pics.

****

You can find the last edition of Femmes Fatales here.

****
Nominations (including self-nominations) for Femmes Fatales are also hugely welcome - I'll probably get to you eventually anyway, but why not hurry along the process?

5 Comments:

Blogger vbspurs said...

Hey, whaddayaknow -- thanks for the surprising link to my blog, Sundries, as ever a sweatshop for woman. ;)

I myself am not a feminist but it's good to know there are still some others with that preternatural interest in our gender out there.

And I think you're hook of history is what'll reel me me back to your blog many times over.

Best of luck!
Victoria

12/02/2005 06:53:00 pm  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

No worries. While my blog is explicitly feminist, FFF is that only in the sense that it is promoting female bloggers. You'll find women of as wide a range of interests as I can locate here.

12/02/2005 07:54:00 pm  
Blogger melinama said...

You've probably had her, but how about "badaunt" at http://presentsimple.blogspot.com/ - it's one of my very favorite blogs, her writing has a very simple charm which is utterly addictive.

12/03/2005 02:40:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ta for the link! I'd still describe myself as a feminist, fwiw. I get depressed at all this 'post-feminist' nonsense.

12/06/2005 10:14:00 pm  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Thanks melinama. Have already done Badaunt - but I agree she's a great blogger!

12/08/2005 09:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home