Philobiblon: Warning to 'colonials' ...

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Warning to 'colonials' ...

... thinking of moving to Britain. There are mutterings that ancestral rights of residence (usually the birth of a grandparent in the UK) could be abolished.

(And I regularly give thanks to my great grandmother, who, family tradition suggests, "went back to England to have the baby". Although now I think about it I'm not sure if this can be true - given the length and discomfort of the journey at the start of the 20th century, and the family's tradesmen (locksmith) status.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natalie, if I sent you my new book, would you be interested in reading it and reviewing it for your blog? It is called "A Journey into Dorothy Parker's New York" and it comes out Dec. 1. Thanks!

10/26/2005 08:14:00 pm  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Be delighted Kevin, thanks. If you want to email me at natalieben (at) gmail (dot) com I can send you my details.

10/26/2005 11:36:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home