Philobiblon: Radio and blogs

Monday, September 26, 2005

Radio and blogs

My radio listening alternates between two BBC stations - Five and Four. (Can you tell I'm not into music?) I tend to switch off Four when the dramas come on - particularly The Archers! - as they always seem to consist of women crying or sobbing or screaming, or annoying posh accents - what Australians call "plum in the mouth" voices. I switch off Five when the football commentary drives me mad, or they've got motor-racing on - more irritating noises, or that hideous shouty Saturday morning programme.

I must thus have missed Five's report on blogging. There's an account here by the made-famous-by-reality-TV reporter, Saira Khan. (That's purely a statement of fact - good on her if she found a route to a new life that way.)

She wants to know about blogging communities, if anyone wants to take up the challenge.

Found indirectly via - I've forgotten the route now - via Tim Worstall's weekly Britblog round-up. (Don't miss the live blogging of last week's plane drama - unlike any live blog you've seen before.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your opinion of The Archers. We call the radio dramas make-work projects for out of work actors. Nice of the government to provide something.

9/27/2005 10:49:00 am  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

I feel for your problem Claire. I don't think I'd like the same mannerisms in a man, but many others wouldn't comment on them, so I try to cut women extra slack.

9/27/2005 11:47:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your listening habits. Five is a litle too fond of the public phone-in for my liking. his sort of thing seems to only appeal to people who think they have an opinion but really they have just read the Mail headlines for the day. (or possibly it is only that sort of person who gets on air)

9/27/2005 02:22:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home