Philobiblon: London 2012

Thursday, July 07, 2005

London 2012

Damn: I'd fled Sydney to escape, but now they're following me.

I was going to try not to be curmudgeonly - and I'm talking about the Olympic Games if you're that proverbial blog reader who's just returned from Mars - but then I learnt that the softball and baseball, and 18,000 spectators, will be plonked into the gorgeous, peaceful Regent's Park, which I count as my backyard. So I decided to let the curmudgeon out.

Since a large part of the British public already seem to think that sport (watching it on the television, not playing it, that is) is the most important thing in the world, it is hard to see how this is going to improve the nation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out how to excuse myself from Melbourne during the Commonwealth Games in March.

7/07/2005 04:55:00 am  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Well I'm thinking the south of France looks pretty good in July 2012 - for you maybe an Asian beach?

7/07/2005 12:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home