Philobiblon: The big question

Saturday, July 16, 2005

The big question

I'm reading a fascinating book about the evolution of human consciousness at present (more on that soon), but I did have to wonder about its curious pathways.

After lighting a candle last night I stood holding a match, wondering if it was OK to put in my new wormery. Nice to know how your brain can come up with the oddest of formulations.

On the wormery, I splashed out, after having the "garbage-bin" sort, which worked fine, but required a very messy process to dig out the compost from the bottom, with a flash tray sort, which I bought from the Green Gardener. (No I don't get commission.)

So now I've got lots of fat, happy-looking worms on the balcony munching away on celery leaves.

But does anyone know about matches?

2 Comments:

Blogger gypsyman said...

Well I still have to wait for my copy to come from Bloomsbury. Even though I live in Canada I prefer the paper and the binding of the Bloomsbury edition. Not very P.C. but my bibliophile sensibilities win out everyday in that contest.
Thanks for the comment on my post at blogcritics, it's what led me to your site.

Nice work and writing. I wnated tl reccomned one of my favorite women in the world for writing comentary, judging by your work I think you'd get a kick out of her. Her name is Heather Mallick, she writes for globeandmail.com every Saturday. Unfortunetly that's a subscription site. She did tell me where she's reprinted for free,but for the life of me I can't remember. Probably if you do a search you should be able to find it, once you wade through all the hate sites directed at her.(I'll know I'm doing something right when I start getting more, so far only a bunch of Sceintology wierdos and a few right wing nuts. Oh well I'll keep trying)

cheers gypsyman

Well

7/16/2005 10:14:00 pm  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Thanks gypsyman. I'll look up Heather. My aim too is to have hate sites one day!

7/18/2005 02:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home