Philobiblon: Brief pause

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Brief pause

I've got the office lurgy, feeling like hell (if the first person who got it didn't come in but just kept it safely at home how much better the world would be!) so I might not be back for a day or so.

But I take back all the negative things I've said about bureaucracy, at least temporarily, since my application for British citizenship was approved in about a month, the mail this morning told me, when the website says it takes nine months!

Bark, bark. (That's my burning throat, not a dog) - off to bed with The First Man in Rome ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

When you say your application was approved, does that mean you're 'in' or is this just an initial phase in a longer process? Either way, congratulations. And I hope the lurgy gets better soon. (Couldn't agree more with the 'bloody well stay at home if you've got something infectious' principle....)

2/23/2005 07:43:00 pm  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

I have to go to an official ceremony on March 9 and affirm my allegiance to the Queen ... oh well, everything has a price ... then that's it. Oh and of course pay a hundred or more so pounds for a passport to prove it: not a cheap business - but thanks for the welcomes!

2/27/2005 11:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home