Philobiblon: Not exactly homesick ...

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Not exactly homesick ...

I can't say that there's much that I miss about Australia -- cheap BYO restaurants and good Asian food perhaps -- but I was rather taken with this blog.

The picture of the tunnel in Central Station in Sydney certainly took me back to when I was first venturing out of the suburbs; I thought the dingy, tatty (and I bet it still is) area around the station was the height of intellectual sophistication - there were Chinese shops, and secondhand bookshops and everything.

I guess it goes some way to explaining why one of my favourite quotes is Marlowe: "But that was in another country, And besides, the wench is dead."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for omitting to sign - I posted the above.

12/16/2005 06:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home