Philobiblon: Spring has sprung

Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring has sprung

If you saw the standard bay tree and the Salix caprea walking up the stairs at Euston Square Tube this afternoon I hope you didn't get too much of a shock - it was just me spending the Homebase vouchers acquired during last year's DIY frenzy before they ran out.

Having got them out without home without too much damage to the skin of my hands (standard trees not being well-balanced for long-distance carrying), I decided before setting them in place on the balcony it really was time to clean the windows - which is pretty well what counts as spring cleaning as Chez Natalie.

So I guess you could say spring is sprung ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

I'm afraid my 3m x 1.5m balcony can't quite compete, although a bird that I think is a jay (big, with blue wings) does visit from Regent's Park occasionally. And in summer I get the odd bumblebee on the geraniums, although I can't imagine where they come from. And the Homebase trip also included the purchase of some seeds for quick-growing salads to go in pots. Luckily, on the 5th floor, bindweed isn't a problem...

4/04/2006 01:54:00 pm  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Too windy unfortunately, and probably not enough sun - it faces pretty well due east, so only gets about half a day's sun, perhaps not enough for strawberries? (Although I like the idea.)

And I was only thinking today I might try a small bird feeder - will see how good bird communication is, since I don't see many birds out the window - except sea-gulls, and they'd probably rather a packet of drunkenly dropped chips at street level, or similar.

4/04/2006 10:47:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home