Philobiblon: Some creative incoherency

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Some creative incoherency

Having been tagged by Rhetorically Speaking with "one of these terrible memes"", five facts about myself designed to add a touch of creative incoherency:

1. I may be the only person ever to have arrived at their "surprise" 21st birthday party and been utterly surprised. I seem to recall that I thought I was going to a Trivial Pursuit party, which is probably dating myself rather badly. I was very short on social skills and social understanding in my youth.

2. I once got drunk with a group of Han Chinese tourists from Hohhot outside the mausoleum of Genghis Khan (with whom I didn't have a word of language in common). But vodka shots, it seems, speak a universal language.

3. I taught myself to bowl left-handed at cricket (although I'm otherwise strictly righthanded) because I'd done serious damage to my right shoulder with a weird tennis service action. I can still trundle down slow left-armers, the emphasis being on trundle.

4. I get blisters on the bottom of my feet very easily. One excuse for not being a runner - the other is that I don't actually know how to run. I can't work out how to put down my feet.

5. Much of my "leisure time" in my teenage years were spent sorting sheets of sandpaper into retail packs. This may be related to No 1.

I'm not going to directly tag anyone else for this - it seems a bit prescriptive - but, hey, if you're reading this, why not give it a go ...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home